Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Being a mom!

So, I was tagged by Liz to come up with five things I like about being a Mom. It took me awhile to post (sorry - just got lost in my drafts), but here it is:

#1 - Watching Rowan learn new things. I feel like I watch her too much at times. I can't imagine someone staring at me all day like I stare at her. Well, maybe not stare but it's a lot of watching closely. I have to watch that she doesn't choke or get into trouble. Plus, it's fun!


#2 - When she is feeling sad and wants hugs that only her momma can give. Aww... I love the cozy hugs! She rests her head and I feel her body language telling me how much she loves me too.


#3 - Teaching her new things. Like going skiing, or what trees feel like and smell like. I remember when she was a newborn and I would walk around the house telling her what everything was. Well, I still do actually. It feels weird sometimes to talk so much to a little person, but now I am beginning to notice how much she understands! It's so amazing! She is such a great learner.

(By the way, I'm not hiking in the dark. The flash went off and made it look like it's night.)

#4 - Singing songs! It's silly, but I like it. I loved my Sharon, Lois and Bram records as a kid (wish I still had them now!) I like singing with Rowan and she loves it!


#5 - Meeting other moms and making new friends. I never thought that having a baby would open up my social life. But really, I was working so darn much that I didn't have time to meet new people in my town. Now I realize that I didn't even know my town very well. Life as a mom off work has given me reasons to stroll around town, go to mommy groups and hang out. It's been so wonderful not having to work and has made me realize to enjoy life more when I do go back to work. Teaching is demanding, but being a mom has definitely made the priority list.


And a bonus! Maternity Leave! Enough said right? It's awesome!

1 comment:

Bloggy Mama said...

Lovely. Thanks for sharing these.