Saturday, July 25, 2009

Gardening

Our garden is really producing this year! It's amazing! After 2 summers of not much growing, except for weeds, everything is growing. Seriously, last year we might have harvested 12 tomatoes in total, some Swiss chard, a few potatoes and we did manage to grow great garlic. Well, this year is SO different. Everything is growing. We have a gazillion tomatoes! I can't wait until they are really red. We've probably already eaten a dozen this year. Cucumbers are already big enough to eat and so tasty! We just planted our third crop of radishes, something that grows so nicely this year. We also planted a second crop of carrots, lettuce, tatsoi and beets.

But of course, the weeds are also growing and growing and growing! I love weeding but it's hard to find time without Rowan getting parched by the sun or eating too much dirt.

Catherine came and helped me weed for a couple of hours. What a nice friend! She also took some cool pics:

1 comment:

Bloggy Mama said...

Ah the weeds... we're not friends them and I. So sweet to have weeding help!