Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Doc's Appointment

All's well in the womb. Our baby's heartbeat was 148 beats per minute. It was hard to find, but we finally found it. I've gained around 7 lbs so far and I've grown. I'm not sure what my uterus measured before, but now it measures 19.5 cm. I think it's suppose to agree with how many weeks you are, so we are not exactly on target but pretty close.

We talked about delivering. The good news is that I don't necessarily have to camp out in Nelson waiting to deliver. I was told by some people in the community that usually first time moms are encouraged to spend the 2 weeks leading up to your due date close by the hospital. But, according to this doc, he says we'll be fine if we just leave from Nakusp when the time comes. And if we are too late, then the baby will be born in Nakusp.

More good news. We have an appointment with a midwife on Friday in Nelson. That's exciting, but the really good news is that BC medical pays for midwives. I was very surprised and relieved to hear that. I heard somewhere that you have to pay upwards of $2000. So, I'm so cool with the province covering us there.

Friday will be a big day. AND, it is also the start of my Spring Break! Yah! Saturday I leave for Kelowna and then onto Vancouver. The following week I will hed to Okotoks and Edmonton. And when I get back, I imagine I will be a lot bigger.

No comments: