Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A letter from Poppa

Dear Rowan,


You are nine months old today, which means that really you have been alive and a part of our lives for twice that long. It is hard to believe how fast the past year and a bit has gone by. You seem so grown up already. Your personality comes out more and more every day. You are making jokes and waiting for us to laugh afterwards. You want to do things all by yourself like eating or playing and crawling on the floor. But sometimes all you want is to be held and it feels so good when you are cuddly. Sometimes you just want your mommy and I feel like I’m not good enough, but then I remember that Mommy’s are different that Papa’s and that’s O.K.


We do lot’s of things together. Today we planted potatoes. You helped me plant most of what is in the vegetable garden so far. We also love to go for hikes and during the winter we went skiing a lot. We also have gone paddling in my Kayak twice and it was so much fun. You wanted to help paddle and you also enjoyed sleeping in the boat.


I always thought that babies cry a lot, but you don’t cry much at all, only when you are not feeling well, tired or if we have been driving for too long. But you sure do laugh a lot and it makes everyone happy. On the weekend we visited our friends Liz and Leaf and you were laughing so much at dandelion seeds being blown.


When I come home from work you wave hello from the window (with Mommy’s help) and that makes my heart melt. Even if I had a bad day or if I am really tired, when I see you I feel great.

Mommy and I love you and we can’t wait until you can talk and tell us all the stories and jokes that you are trying to say. But don’t hurry because we don’t want you to grow up too fast.


Love Papa


3 comments:

Leanne and Rik Brezina said...

awwwwe! that's really great. wes, I'm glad you are enjoying being a father. It's great to see.

Heather said...

sooo cute!

Bloggy Mama said...

Fab. Happy Nine Months, little one!!